This delicious side is a great way to get more fiber from beans!
Dried or canned garbanzo beans both work well in this recipe.
- Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 160
- Carbohydrate Content: 22g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Fat Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 7g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5g
- Sodium Content: 310mg
- Sugar Content: 6g
Garbanzo Bean Stir Fry
- Before preparing dried beans, sort through for tiny pebbles or shriveled beans.
- Dried beans need to be soaked before they are cooked.
- The best way to soak dried beans is to cover them in cold water and bring to a gentle boil, turn off the heat and allow beans to soak in the water for 1-2 hours. Do not add salt to the soaking water. Drain water and rinse with fresh water.
- To cook beans, cover with fresh water and simmer for 1-2 hours. Do not let beans dry out, beans should always be covered with water.
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic and cook until soft.
- Add chickpeas and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add kale, oregano, and parsley, and cook for 6 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice. Mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
- Refrigerate leftovers.