- Yield: 6 servings
- Serving size: 130 grams
- For the best buy, choose firm red cherries with their stems attached.
- To prepare cherries, rinse and remove stems and pits.
- To store fresh, refrigerate for up to 1 week.
- Cherries contain vitamin C, which is good for fighting colds and healing cuts.
- In a large pot, combine the cherries, 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water.
- Cook the cherries over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Increase the heat to high and bring the cherries to a boil.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, 1 tablespoon sugar and the cinnamon.
- Add the milk to the flour mixture and mix well with a fork. This is the dumpling batter.
- Drop spoonfuls of the dumpling batter into the boiling cherries.
- Cover the pot and cook over low heat for 10 minutes. Do not stir.
- Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition facts per serving