- Yield: 10 servings
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
Cranberry and Sweet Potato Bread
- Serving size: 126 grams
- For the best buy choose fresh cranberries that are clean and firm with a dark red color, not soft or wrinkled.
- To prepare fresh cranberries, sort to remove stems and damaged cranberries, and rinse in running water just before using.
- To store fresh cranberries, keep them in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. If you don’t use them right away, put the whole bag right in the freezer.
- Cranberries contain vitamin C, which is good for fighting colds and healing cuts.
- Eat beans for a good source of fiber, protein, iron, and vitamin B.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cinnamon, baking soda and flour.
- In a large bowl, mash sweet potatoes. Add eggs, brown sugar, oil, vanilla and orange juice to the large bowl. Mix well.
- Add flour mixture from the small bowl to the large bowl. Mix just until blended.
- Stir the cranberries into large bowl.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 60 minutes, or until toothpick comes out very clean.
Nutrition facts per serving