This is a creative way to use canned fruit in your cupboard.
This can also be a new twist on cranberry sauce for your next holiday meal.
- Yield: 12 servings
Cranberry Fruit Salad
- Serving size: 1/2 cup
- For the best buy choose fresh cranberries that are clean and firm with a dark red color, not soft or wrinkled.
- To prepare fresh cranberries, sort to remove stems and damaged cranberries, and rinse in running water just before using.
- To store fresh cranberries, keep them in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. If you don’t use them right away, put the whole bag right in the freezer.
- Cranberries contain vitamin C, which is good for fighting colds and healing cuts.
- In a large bowl, mash the cranberry sauce with the back of a spoon until smooth.
- Slice the bananas into the bowl with the cranberry sauce.
- Add pineapple. Stir gently. The pineapple keeps the bananas from turning brown.
- Refrigerate leftovers.