This nutritious southern-style dish will have you hoppin’ for more!
- Yield: 6 servings
Download English 1 Per Page | Download English 4 Per Page
- Serving size: 1/2 cup
- 1 cup dry brown rice
- 8 cups collard greens
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 can diced tomatoes - 15 oz, low salt
- 1 can rinsed black eyed peas - 15 oz, low salt
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the rice according to package directions. Set aside.
- Wash the collard greens and remove the stems. Chop greens into 1 inch pieces.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large pot on medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add collard greens and stir to coat in oil. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and stir. Cover the pot and let cook for 15-20 minutes. Water may be added if mixture becomes dry.
- Add black eyed peas and salt and pepper to tomato and greens mixture. Serve over rice and enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.