This nutritious southern-style dish will have you hoppin’ for more!
- Yield: 6 servings
- Cook the rice according to package directions. Set aside.
- Wash the collard greens and remove the stems. Chop greens into 1 inch pieces.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large pot on medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add collard greens and stir to coat in oil. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and stir. Cover the pot and let cook for 15-20 minutes. Water may be added if mixture becomes dry.
- Add black eyed peas and salt and pepper to tomato and greens mixture. Serve over rice and enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.