- Yield: 8 servings
Winter Squash Sauté
- Serving size: 137 grams
- For the best buy, choose butternut or acorn squash that are heavy and have smooth skins.
- To prepare squash, rinse and cut squash in half or quarters. Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and then peel the squash.
- To keep fresh, store in a cool, dry place for up to 3 months.
- Squash contains potassium, which is good for a healthy heart.
- Cut squash in quarters. Scoop out the seeds. Peel and cut into small cubes.
- In a large frying pan, put the oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions to the frying pan. Cook 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the squash to the frying pan. Cover and cook until the squash is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add salt and black pepper to taste. Enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition facts per serving