- Yield: 8 servings
Indian Spiced Vegetables
- Serving size: 157 grams
- Before preparing dried beans, sort through for tiny pebbles or shriveled beans.
- To cook beans, cover with fresh water and simmer 1-2 hours. Beans should always be covered with water or they will dry out. If overcooked, they will fall apart.
- If soaked for 12-24 hours before use, cooking time can be shortened to about 30 minutes. *Do not add salt to the soaking water. Drain water and rinse with fresh water before cooking.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder (optional)
- 1 cup peas
- 1 3/4 cups cooked chick peas (also called garbanzo beans)
- 1 package (10 ounce) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 cup plain low fat yogurt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, add oil, garlic, onion, hot sauce and curry powder. Cook over medium heat until soft (about 3 minutes).
- Add peas, chickpeas, spinach, yogurt and 1/2 cup water.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook and stir until heated through (about 5 minutes).
- Serve and enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition facts per serving