- Yield: 8 servings
Tomato and Eggplant Stew
- For the best buy, choose an eggplant with smooth skin and no soft spots.
- To prepare eggplant, rinse, cut off the tops and peel, if desired.
- To keep fresh, store eggplants in the refrigerator for upto 4 days.
- Eggplants contain fiber, which helps to keep you regular.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper and cook until soft.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add eggplant and cook 5 minutes more.
- Add tomatoes and Italian seasoning, stir and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook until sauce thickens, and eggplant is fully cooked, about 15 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir often.