- Yield: 6 servings
Swiss Chard and Pasta
- Serving size: 313 grams
- For best buy, look for greens that are moist and crisp, with rich green leaves.
- To prepare fresh greens, wash leaves well and trim leaves from stem.
- To store fresh greens, wrap unwashed greens in a damp paper towel, place in a plastic bag and keep in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days.
- Winter greens contain vitamin A, which is good for healthy eyes and skin.
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook until soft, stirring often.
- Add the Swiss chard and garlic to the pan and cook until the Swiss chard wilts.
- Stir in tomatoes and red pepper flakes. Cover and cook until the Swiss chard becomes very soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add pasta to the Swiss chard mixture and toss to mix. Sprinkle with the grated cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition facts per serving