This easy and nutrient-dense salad is un-BEET-able!
- Yield: 6 servings
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 70
- Carbohydrate Content: 7g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Fat Content: 5g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 1g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5g
- Sodium Content: 170mg
- Sugar Content: 5g
Roasted Beet Salad
- For the best buy, choose firm, smooth beets which have a rich, dark color.
- To prepare beets, remove greens, leaving 1 inch of stem. Scrub well. Beets may be roasted, boiled or eaten raw.
- To keep fresh, store beets in the refrigerator and use within 2 weeks.
- Beets contain fiber which helps to keep you regular.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place beets on large square of foil. Close up foil tightly. Place on baking sheet.
- Roast beets for one hour or until beets are tender.
- Let cool slightly and remove beets from foil.
- Rub off beet skins with a paper towel. Slice the beets.
- In a large bowl, mix together the mustard, vinegar, oil and sugar.
- Add beets to bowl. Stir gently.
- Serve over the lettuce and enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition facts per serving