This easy and nutrient-dense salad is un-BEET-able!
- Yield: 6 servings
Roasted Beet Salad
- Serving size: 1 1/4 cups
- For the best buy, choose firm, smooth beets which have a rich, dark color.
- To prepare beets, remove greens, leaving 1 inch of stem. Scrub well. Beets may be roasted, boiled or eaten raw.
- To keep fresh, store beets in the refrigerator and use within 2 weeks.
- Beets contain fiber which helps to keep you regular.
Download English 1 Per Page | Download English 4 Per Page | Download Spanish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place beets on large square of foil. Close up foil tightly. Place on baking sheet.
- Roast beets for one hour or until beets are tender.
- Let cool slightly and remove beets from foil.
- Rub off beet skins with a paper towel. Slice the beets.
- In a large bowl, mix together the mustard, vinegar, oil and sugar.
- Add beets to bowl. Stir gently.
- Serve over the lettuce and enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition facts per serving