- Yield: 4 servings
Okra and Tomatoes
- Serving size: 192 grams
- For the best buy, choose fresh brightly colored pods that have no bruises, and are less than 3 inches long.
- To prepare fresh okra, rinse and cut off stem. Cook whole or sliced in rounds.
- To store fresh okra, put in a paper bag and store in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.
- Okra contains vitamin C, which is good for fighting colds and healing cuts.
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Cook onion until the onion is soft, stirring often.
- Add the okra, tomatoes and black pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring often.
- The okra is done when tender.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition facts per serving