- Yield: 6 servings
- Serving size: 118 grams
- For the best buy, choose plump green or black plantains that are not shriveled. Ripe plantains will be soft and dark brown or black in color.
- To prepare plantains, slice off both ends. Cut slits through the skin and peel.
- To keep them fresh, store plantains at room temperature for 4-5 days.
- In a large pot, add plantains and cover with water. Bring water to a boil over high heat and continue to boil for 10-15 minutes or until tender (plantain color will change).
- Drain and mash with fork immediately. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In a small pan, heat oil over medium heat and cook onion for 3 minutes or until soft. Add vinegar and remove from heat.
- Pour onion mixture on top of mashed plantains.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition facts per serving