- Yield: 5 servings
Leek and Potato Soup
- Serving size: 484 grams
- For the best buy, choose leeks with clean, white slender bulbs and firm dark green tops.
- To prepare leeks, remove the dark green leaves and the root end and throw them away. Slice the leeks, separate into rings and place them in a bowl of cold water. Swish the slices in the water. Remove the slices and rinse under running water until the leeks are clean.
- To store fresh, lightly wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for up to 1 week.
- Leeks contain vitamin A, which is good for healthy eyes and skin
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the leeks and onions and cook until the onions are soft, about 10 minutes. Stir often.
- Add the potatoes to the pot.
- Pour in enough broth to just cover the potatoes. If more liquid is needed, add up to 1 cup of water.
- Cook over medium heat until the potatoes are soft, about 25 minutes.
- Use a potato masher or a fork to break up the potatoes.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the milk and black pepper. Cook 5 minutes, stirring often. Enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition facts per serving