- Yield: 8 servings
Eggplant with Basil
- Serving size: 96 grams
- For the best buy, choose an eggplant with smooth skin and no soft spots.
- To prepare eggplant, rinse, cut off the tops and peel, if desired.
- To keep fresh, store eggplants in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Eggplants contain fiber, which helps to keep you regular.
1. Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add jalapeno and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Stir often.
2. Add eggplant and stir. Add 1 cup water, cover pan, and cook until eggplant is soft, about 6-7 minutes. Add extra water if needed.
3. Add soy sauce and honey and stir. Turn off heat.
4. Add basil and stir. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve hot and enjoy!
6. Refrigerate leftovers.
Adapted from www.thaitable.com
Nutrition facts per serving