- Yield: 6 servings
Cassava Vegetable Soup
- Serving size: 317 grams
- For the best buy, cassava skin should be free of cracks and the inside should be white.
- To prepare cassava, peel away the skin and remove the tough string-like fiber throughout its middle section.
- To keep fresh, store cassava in a dry place or freeze pre-cut cassava for up to 2 weeks.
- Cassava contains vitamin C, which is good for fighting colds and healing cuts.
- In medium pot, add cassava to 6 cups boiling water. Cook for about 15 minutes or until slightly soft.
- Drain water and set cassava aside.
- In large pot, add 4 cups of water and potatoes. Bring to a boil.
- Add chicken broth and turn heat down to medium-low.
- Add remaining vegetables and garlic.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until vegetables feel slightly soft.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot and enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition facts per serving