- Yield: 6 servings
Butternut Squash and Apple Cider
- For the best buy, choose butternut squash that are heavy and have smooth skins.
- To prepare squash, wash and remove seeds. Leave skin on and bake for 30 minutes at 350°F, or cook over stove top until tender.
- To keep fresh, store in a cool, dry place for up to 3 months.
- Squash contains potassium, which is good for a healthy heart.
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Stir in onion and cook until soft.
2. Add butternut squash and apple cider. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
3. Stir in herb, salt and pepper to taste. Cook for about 2 minutes.
4. Serve immediately.
5. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition facts per serving