Photo Credit: “Potato Leek Soup” by snickclunk / CC BY 2.0
- Yield: 4 servings
Braised Leeks with Lemon
- Serving size: 126 grams
- For the best buy, choose leeks with clean, white slender bulbs and firm dark green tops.
- To prepare leeks, remove the dark green leaves and the root end and throw them away. Slice the leeks, separate into rings and place them in a bowl of cold water. Swish the slices in the water. Remove the slices and rinse under running water until the leeks are clean.
- To store fresh, lightly wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for up to 1 week.
- Leeks contain vitamin A, which is good for healthy eyes and skin.
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add the leeks and cook 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the chicken broth and reduce heat to low.
- Cover and cook until the leeks are tender, about 15 minutes
- Add the lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition facts per serving