This delicious and nutritious dish is a crowd pleaser for the whole family!
- Yield: 4 servings
5 Minute Brussels Sprouts
- Serving size: 1 cup
- For the best buy, choose Brussels sprouts that are firm and bright green with no yellow or wilted leaves, and no holes.
- To prepare fresh Brussels sprouts, remove stem and discolored leaves. Rinse well.
- To store fresh, keep unwashed Brussels sprouts in a plastic bag in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
- Brussels sprouts contain vitamin C which is good for fighting colds and healing cuts.
- Place Brussels sprouts and 1/2 cup water into a medium pot.
- Cover the pot and cook over high heat for 5 minutes or until the Brussels sprouts are tender.
- Drain the Brussels sprouts and transfer them to a bowl.
- Add the oil, lemon juice and garlic to the bowl. Toss to combine.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition facts per serving