- Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 90
- Carbohydrate Content: 15g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Fat Content: 2.5g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 2g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0g
- Sodium Content: 210mg
- Sugar Content: 9g
- For the best buy, choose cabbage with firm heads and no brown spots.
- To prepare cabbage, remove outer leaves and rinse well.
- To keep fresh, refrigerate unwashed cabbage up to 1 week.
- Cabbage contains vitamin C, which is good for fighting colds and healing cuts.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic and celery. Cook for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add cabbage and 2 tablespoons water, lower heat to low and cook for 15 minutes. Stir often.
- Add tomatoes and cover pan. Cook for about 30 minutes or until cabbage is soft. Stir often.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve hot or cold.
- Refrigerate leftovers.