Photo Credit: “Wild Mushroom Dinner” by Katja Shultz / CC BY 2.0
- Yield: 6 servings
- Serving size: 263 grams
- For the best buy, choose an eggplant with smooth skin and no soft spots.
- To prepare eggplant, rinse, cut off the tops and peel, if desired.
- To keep fresh, store eggplants in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Eggplants contain fiber, which helps to keep you regular.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon oil to a medium pot over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until browned.
- Add can of tomatoes, basil and oregano. Stir and bring to a boil. Lower heat and cook about 15 minutes.
- In a large frying pan, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add chopped vegetables. Cover and cook until vegetables become soft. Stir often.
- Add tomato sauce to cooked vegetables and continue to cook over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Serve over pasta or rice. Enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition facts per serving