- Yield: 8 servings
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 70
- Carbohydrate Content: 18g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Fat Content: 0.5g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 1g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0g
- Sodium Content: 0mg
- Sugar Content: 12g
- For the best buy, choose strawberries that are bright red and firm.
- To prepare fresh strawberries, rinse and remove stems.
- To store fresh, refrigerate strawberries for up to 3 days.
- Strawberries contain vitamin C, which is good for fighting colds and healing cuts.
1. In a large pot, heat strawberries over medium heat.
2. Cook until strawberries are soft, about 4 minutes.
3. Add honey and lemon juice. Stir. Cook 8-10 more minutes.
4. Turn off heat, add basil and stir well.
5. Serve hot or chilled!
6. Refrigerate leftovers.
Adapted from www.marthastewart.com/food
Nutrition facts per serving