Photo Credit: “Vegetables” by Sony Abesamis / CC BY 2.0
- Yield: 8 servings
Spring Vegetable Hash
- Serving size: 144 grams
- For the best buy, choose asparagus spears that are crisp and have pointed tops. Avoid wilted or dried out asparagus.
- To prepare asparagus, rinse and snap off ends of stems. Lightly steam for best flavor.
- To keep fresh, store asparagus in a plastic bag in the refrigerator and use within 3-5 days.
- Asparagus contains fiber which helps to keep you regular.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium high heat.
- Cook onion, potatoes and carrots over medium high heat until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Stir often.
- Add asparagus and broth. Cook until asparagus is soft, about 3-5 minutes.
- Continue to cook until broth has cooked away and bottom of hash is crispy.
- Serve each portion of hash topped with an egg, if desired. Enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition facts per serving