- Yield: 8 servings
Rutabaga and Carrot Mash
- Serving size: 164 grams
- For the best buy, choose rutabagas that are smooth with an even yellow color and are heavy for their size. Avoid rutabaga that are soft, shriveled or cracked.
- To prepare rutabaga, rinse well and peel. Rutabaga can be eaten raw or cooked.
- To keep fresh, store in the refrigerator in a plastic bag for up to 1 month.
- Rutabaga contains vitamin A, which is good for healthy eyes and skin.
- Place the rutabagas and carrots in a large pot filled with water.
- Cook over high heat until the vegetables are soft, about 40 minutes. Turn off the heat and drain.
- In the pot, mash the vegetables until smooth with only a few small lumps.
- Add the oil and beat with a spoon until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition facts per serving