This easy dish is packed with both flavor and nutrients!
- Yield: 10 servings
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 110
- Carbohydrate Content: 21g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Fat Content: 0.5g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 6g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0g
- Sodium Content: 200mg
- Sugar Content: 4g
- Before preparing dried beans, sort through for tiny pebbles or shriveled beans.
- Dried beans need to be soaked before they are cooked.
- The best way to soak dried beans is to cover them in cold water and bring to a gentle boil, turn off heat and allow beans to soak in the water for 1-2 hours. *Do not add salt to the soaking water. Drain water and rinse with fresh water.
- To cook beans, cover with fresh water and simmer for 1-2 hours. Do not let the beans dry out, beans should always be covered with water
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add peppers and onions and cook over medium heat until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add beans, tomato sauce, brown sugar and mustard.
- Cook uncovered for 10 minutes until thoroughly heated.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition facts per serving