This pumpkin stew will warm your bones on a cold winter day!
- Yield: 8 servings
- Serving size: 2 cups
- For the best buy, choose sugar pumpkins that have firm stalks with bright orange skins and no spots.
- To prepare a sugar pumpkin, poke 3 holes in the pumpkin. Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 60-90 minutes at 400° F or until a knife inserted in the pumpkin goes in and out easily. Cool the pumpkin, cut in half, remove the seeds and stringy pulp. Scoop out the soft pulp all the way to the skin.
- To keep fresh, store in a cool dry place for up to 1 month.
- Pumpkin contains vitamin A, which is good for healthy eyes and skin.
- In a large pot over medium heat, cook the onion in 1/2 cup water until soft.
- Add the garlic, chili powder and cinnamon. Cook 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and cook 5 minutes. Add the pumpkin, corn, beans and the chicken broth. Cook 15 minutes or until the pumpkin is very soft, adding 1/2 cup water if stew is too thick. Enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition facts per serving