Photo Credit: “Spring Onions” by Jeremy Keith / CC BY 2.0
- Yield: 6 servings
- Serving size: 179 grams
- For the best buy, choose onions without soft spots or sprouts.
- To prepare onions, remove the papery skin and first layer before using.
- To keep fresh, store onions away from potatoes in a cool, dry place for up to 2 weeks.
- Onions contain potassium, which is good for a healthy heart.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease a medium baking dish.
- In a medium frying pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and peppers. Cook for about 10 minutes or until soft. Stir often.
- In a medium bowl, mix eggs and milk.
- Place onion mixture in the baking dish. Top with shredded cheese.
- Pour egg mixture into the baking dish, over the onion mixture and cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until firm. Serve warm and enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition facts per serving