Forget the takeout when you can make this dish just as tasty at home.
Using low sodium soy sauce and brown rice are easy, healthy swaps.
- Yield: 4 servings
Napa Cabbage Fried Rice
- Serving size: 1 1/2 cups
- For the best buy, choose napa cabbage with firm heads and no brown spots.
- To prepare napa cabbage, rinse well and cut off the tough base.
- To keep fresh, refrigerate unwashed cabbage up to 1 week.
- Napa cabbage contains vitamin C, which is good for fighting colds and healing cuts.
- In a large frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat.
- Pour eggs into pan and scramble for about 1 minute, or until eggs are cooked. Remove eggs from the pan and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the same pan over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic and carrot. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add cabbage, rice, soy sauce and cooked eggs to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes or until the rice is hot, stirring often. Enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.