Photo Credit: “Lentil Lasagna” by Chloe Lim / CC BY 2.0
- Yield: 4 servings
Lentil and Rice Casserole
- Serving size: 231 grams
- Lentils come in many different colors, but brown is most common in the US. Lentils are one of the few legumes that do not need to be soaked.
- To prepare lentils, rinse under cold water before using.
- To keep dried lentils, store in an airtight container for up to 1 year. Cooked lentils can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Lentils are high in fiber, which help keep you regular.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a greased medium baking dish, add the chicken broth, 1 cup water, lentils, onion, brown rice, herbs and 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake for 2 hours.
- Top with remaining cheese and bake another 2 or 3 minutes uncovered until all the cheese is melted.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
*If using white rice, reduce water to 3/4 cup.
Nutrition facts per serving