Adding fruit to your salads spices them up, adding freshness and flavor!
- Yield: 6 servings
Leafy Greens Salad with Apple Dressing
- Serving size: 2 cups
- For best buy, look for greens that are moist and crisp, with rich green leaves.
- To prepare fresh greens, wash leaves well and trim leaves from stem.
- To store fresh greens, wrap unwashed greens in a damp paper towel, place in a plastic bag and keep in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days.
- Winter greens contain vitamin A, which is good for healthy eyes and skin.
Adapted from Bon Apetit.
- Chop 1 apple and add to a large bowl. Add greens.
- To make dressing: Shred 1 apple on the smallest holes of a box grater into a small bowl. Add vinegar, lemon juice, and oil.
- Add dressing to greens, mix well with hands. Add pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Adapted from Bon Apetit
Nutrition facts per serving