Stir fries are an easy and creative way to cook leftover veggies.
For a complete meal, serve with cooked chicken or shrimp over brown rice.
- Yield: 5 servings
Ginger Garlic Broccoli Stir Fry
- Serving size: 1 cup
- For the best buy, choose broccoli with dark green florets and stems.
- To prepare broccoli, wash and trim florets from stalks. Enjoy florets raw or cooked.
- To keep fresh, store in the refrigerator, unwashed in a plastic bag for up to 1 week.
- Broccoli contains vitamin C, which is good for fighting colds and healing cuts.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 thinly sliced small onion
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon peeled and finely chopped ginger
- 3 cups broccoli florets, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- Heat oil in a large frying pan.
- Cook onions on high heat for 2 minutes, stirring often. Add garlic and ginger and cook for another minute.
- Add broccoli, carrots, and water. Cover and steam for 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add pepper and cook for 3 more minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from heat. Vegetables will be crisp and brightly colored.
- Toss with soy sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.