- Yield: 8 servings
Fiesta Bean and Potato Salad
- Serving size: 173 grams
- Before preparing dried beans, sort through for tiny pebbles or shriveled beans.
- Dried beans need to be soaked before they are cooked.
- The best way to soak dried beans is to cover them in cold water and bring to a gentle boil, turn off the heat and allow beans to soak in the water for 1-2 hours. *Do not add salt to the soaking water. Drain water and rinse with fresh water.
- To cook beans, cover with fresh water and simmer for 1-2 hours. Do not let beans dry out. They should always be covered with water.
- Eat beans for a good source of fiber, protein, iron, and vitamin B.
- In a large pot, add potatoes and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook for 12 minutes, or just until tender. Drain and cool.
- In large bowl, mix together oil, lime juice and chili powder. Add potatoes.
- Stir in salsa, black beans and corn.
- Toss gently to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot or cold and enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition facts per serving