- Yield: 4 servings
Creamy Pumpkin Soup
- Serving size: 343 grams
- For the best buy, choose pumpkins with bright orange skins without spots.
- To prepare a fresh pumpkin, rinse and remove skin, cut into small pieces and remove seeds. Boil small pieces for 10-20 minutes.
- To keep fresh, store in a cool dry place for up to 1 month.
- Pumpkin contains vitamin A, which is good for healthy eyes and skin.
- In a large pot, heat 1/4 cup chicken broth over medium heat.
- Add onions, garlic and brown sugar. Cook until soft, stirring often.
- Add the rest of the broth, 1/2 cup water, salt and pepper. Turn up heat to high and bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Turn down heat to low, and cook for 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in pumpkin, milk and cinnamon. Cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.
*If using nonfat dried milk (NFDM), mix 1 1/2 cups water with 1/2 cup NFDM and add to recipe.
Nutrition facts per serving