- Yield: 4 servings
Creamy Corn Soup
- Serving size: 169 grams
- For the best buy, look for fresh green husks with no rotten spots.
- To prepare fresh corn, remove husk and silk from corn. Place ears in boiling water for 7 minutes. Drain and allow to cool.
- To store fresh corn, leave husk on and wrap in a plastic bag. Refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Corn contains fiber, which helps to keep you regular.
1. In a blender, puree corn kernels and garlic with 3 cups of water until chunky.
2. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat and add the corn mixture.
3. Add 1 more cup of water and stir well. Cook until the soup is heated, about 5 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and add scallions, salt and pepper.
5. Serve and enjoy!
6. Refrigerate leftovers.
Adapted from marthastewart.com
Nutrition facts per serving