- Yield: 4 servings
- Serving size: 204 grams
- For the best buy, choose firm heavy turnips with smooth skins and no bruises. If the leaves are attached, they should not be wilted.
- To prepare turnips, remove green tops. Scrub well. Turnips can be eaten raw or cooked.
- To keep fresh, store unwashed turnips in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Store turnip greens wrapped in a damp paper towel for 2-3 days.
- Turnips contain vitamin C, which is good for fighting colds and healing cuts.
- In a medium pot, place the chicken broth, turnips, onion and garlic.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Cook until the turnips are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook until most of the liquid is gone, about 10-15 minutes more.
- Stir in the sour cream. Add salt and pepper to taste. Top with the cheese. Enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition facts per serving