Cauliflower? In mashed potatoes? Sometimes these veggies get sneaky!
Cauliflower can also be grated and cooked as a veggie alternative to rice.
- Yield: 4 servings
Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- Serving size: 1 cup
- For the best buy, choose cauliflower that is firm and heavy with a white and creamy color.
- To prepare cauliflower, wash and trim florets from stalks.
- To keep fresh, store in the refrigerator, unwashed in a plastic bag for up to 1 week.
- Cauliflower contains vitamin C, which is good for fighting colds and healing cuts.
- In a large pot, bring 4 cups of water to a boil.
- Add potatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and cook for 5 more minutes, until the potatoes and cauliflower is soft. Drain.
- In a large mixing bowl, add potatoes, cauliflower, and grated cheese. Mash with a fork until well blended.
- Add milk, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.
* If using nonfat dried milk (NFDM), mix 2/3 cup water with 1/4 cup NFDM and add to recipe.