Try some different flavors in this delicious pumpkin dish.
Instead of throwing out the pumpkin seeds, roast them in the oven!
- Yield: 6 servings
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 160
- Carbohydrate Content: 34g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Fat Content: 2.5g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 3g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0g
- Sodium Content: 105mg
- Sugar Content: 20g
Curried Pumpkin and Potato
- For the best buy, choose pumpkins with bright orange skins without spots.
- To prepare a fresh pumpkin, rinse and remove skin, cut into small pieces and remove seeds. Boil small pieces for 10-20 minutes.
- To keep fresh, store in a cool dry place for up to 1 month.
- Pumpkin contains vitamin A, which is good for healthy eyes and skin.
1. Heat oil in a medium pot over medium heat.
2. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
3. Add curry, pumpkin, potatoes, salt, and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
4. Add water and raisins, cover, and cook until the pumpkin and potatoes are soft, about 5 to 10 minutes.
5. Add cilantro, serve and enjoy!
6. Refrigerate leftovers.