- Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 140
- Carbohydrate Content: 15g
- Cholesterol Content: 5mg
- Fat Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 3g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1.5g
- Sodium Content: 250mg
- Sugar Content: 6g
Spaghetti Squash with Garlic
- For the best buy, choose squash that are heavy and have smooth skins.
- To prepare squash, rinse and cut squash in half lengthwise. Remove seeds. Bake, skin side up, for 30-45 minutes or until it separates into strands when running a fork through the inside.
- To keep fresh, store in a cool, dry place for up to 3 months.
- Squash contains potassium, which is good for a healthy heart.
- Prepare the squash as noted in the Key Points section (above). Pull a fork through the squash to separate it into long strands. Place squash strands into a large bowl. Cover and keep warm.
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic to the frying pan. Cook 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the squash to the frying pan. Cook, stirring often, until the squash is hot. Add the Parmesan cheese
- Add salt and black pepper to taste. Enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition facts per serving