Photo Credit: “Pumpkin Bread Sliced” by Roxanna Salceda / CC BY-SA 2.0
- Yield: 8 servings
- Serving size: 113 grams
- For the best buy, choose pumpkins with bright orange skins without spots.
- To prepare a fresh pumpkin, rinse and remove skin, cut into small pieces and remove seeds. Boil small pieces for 10-20 minutes.
- To keep fresh, store in a cool dry place for up to 1 month.
- Pumpkin contains vitamin A, which is good for healthy eyes and skin.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl, stir together pumpkin, sugar, oil, applesauce and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients, except raisins.
- Add flour mixture to large bowl. Stir until moist. Stir in raisins.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
Nutrition facts per serving