This salad is a great way to use veggies from your garden or farmers’ market.
This recipe also tastes great with frozen green beans.
- Yield: 8 servings
Green Bean and Cherry Tomato Salad
- Serving size: 1 cup
- For the best by choose firm, crisp fresh green beans.
- To prepare fresh green beans, rinse and remove ends before eating.
- To store fresh green beans, put in a loosely closed plastic bag and store in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days.
- Green beans contain vitamin A, which is good for healthy eyes and skin.
- Bring 4 cups of water to boil in a large pot over high heat.
- Add green beans and cook 5-10 minutes or until softened.
- Rinse green beans under cold water until cool.
- Combine cooled green beans, tomatoes, and basil in a bowl.
- In a small bowl, make dressing: combine oil, vinegar, shallots, and red pepper flakes. Mix well.
- Add dressing to vegetables and mix well.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.