This cheesy casserole will get even the pickiest eaters loving broccoli!
Using brown rice is an excellent way to eat more whole grains.
- Yield: 6 servings
Cheesy Broccoli and Rice
- Serving size: 1 cup
- For the best buy, choose broccoli with dark green florets and stems.
- To prepare broccoli, wash and trim florets from stalks. Enjoy florets raw or cooked.
- To keep fresh, store in the refrigerator, unwashed in a plastic bag for up to 1 week.
- Broccoli contains vitamin C, which is good for fighting colds and healing cuts.
- In a large pot, bring 3 cups of water to a boil.
- Add broccoli and rice, and cook for 7 minutes over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and add soup. Cook until bubbly (about 2 minutes). Stir often.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.
*If using instant white rice, cook broccoli in boiling water for 5 minutes. Add rice and cook for 2 more minutes. Stir often. Continue with Step 3.