Use your favorite NYS grown apples for this recipe!
- Yield: 6 servings
Cabbage Apple Slaw
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- For the best buy, choose cabbage with firm heads and no brown spots.
- To prepare cabbage, remove outer leaves and rinse well.
- To keep fresh, refrigerate unwashed cabbage up to 1 week.
- Cabbage contains vitamin C, which is good for fighting colds and healing cuts.
Download English 1 Per Page | Download English 4 Per Page | Download Spanish
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, apple and bell pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, brown sugar and lemon juice.
- Add mayonnaise mixture to large bowl (cabbage mixture). Mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Can be served immediately or covered and chilled before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition facts per serving