- Yield: 4 servings
Baked Winter Squash
- serving size: 240 grams
- For the best buy, choose winter squash (such as butternut or acorn) that are heavy and have smooth skins.
- To prepare squash, rinse and remove seeds. Leave skin on and bake for 30 minutes at 350° F, or until tender.
- To keep fresh, store in a cool, dry place for up to 3 months.
- Squash contains potassium, which is good for a healthy heart.
- Cut squash in half and scoop out seeds.
- Place in baking dish, cut side down. Bake at 325° F for 1 hour or until tender.
- Remove from oven. Scoop out the squash and place in a medium bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Mash together until smooth.
- Serve hot. Enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition facts per serving