Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 170
- Carbohydrate Content: 21g
- Cholesterol Content: 110mg
- Fat Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 6g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1.5g
- Sodium Content: 370mg
- Sugar Content: 11g
- For the best buy, choose rutabagas that are smooth with an even yellow color and are heavy for their size. Avoid rutabaga that are soft, shriveled or cracked.
- To prepare rutabaga, rinse well and peel. Rutabaga can be eaten raw or cooked.
- To keep fresh, store in the refrigerator in a plastic bag for up to 1 month.
- Rutabaga contains vitamin A, which is good for healthy eyes and skin.
- Place the rutabaga in a large pot and cover with water. Cook over high heat for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Drain the rutabaga and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, onion and celery.
- Add the cooled rutabaga and the hard boiled eggs to the bowl. Toss gently to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes. Enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition facts per serving