- Yield: 6 servings
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 180
- Carbohydrate Content: 35g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Fat Content: 1g
- Fiber Content: 8g
- Protein Content: 11g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0g
- Sodium Content: 300mg
- Sugar Content: 6g
Lentil Spaghetti Sauce
- Lentils come in many different colors, but brown is most common in the US. Lentils are one of the few legumes that do not need to be soaked.
- To prepare lentils, rinse under cold water before using.
- To keep dried lentils, store in an airtight container for up to 1 year. Cooked lentils can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Lentils are high in fiber, which help keep you regular.
- In a pot, add rinsed lentils and onion to 2 cups water.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer.
- Cook until tender, about 30 to 45 minutes (the water will be almost gone). Stir often. Add more liquid if needed.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition facts per serving