It ain’t easy being green – unless you’re talking about this delicious recipe!
Try different combinations of greens from your local farmers’ market.
- Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 35
- Carbohydrate Content: 5g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Fat Content: 1.5g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 2g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0g
- Sodium Content: 160mg
- Sugar Content: 0g
Greens and Garlic
- For best buy, look for greens that are moist and crisp, with rich green leaves.
- To prepare fresh greens, rinse leaves well and trim leaves from stem.
- To store fresh greens, wrap unwashed greens in a damp paper towel, place in a plastic bag and keep in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days.
- Dark greens contain vitamin A, which is good for healthy eyes and skin.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and crushed red pepper to the oil and cook for 1 minute. Stir often.
- Add the braising greens and water to the pot, cover, and cook until the greens wilt, about 4 minutes. Stir often.
- Uncover the pot and cook until all the water is gone, about 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve warm. Enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.