- Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 360
- Carbohydrate Content: 83g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Fat Content: 2.5g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 4g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0g
- Sodium Content: 180mg
- Sugar Content: 6g
Boiled Cassava with Garlic Lime Sauce
- For the best buy, cassava skin should be free of cracks and the inside should be white.
- To prepare cassava, peel away the skin and remove the tough string-like fiber throughout its middle section.
- To keep fresh, store cassava in a dry place or freeze pre-cut cassava for up to 2 weeks.
- Cassava contains vitamin C, which is good for fighting colds and healing cuts.
- In medium pot, add cassava to 6 cups boiling water. Cook for about 15 minutes or until slightly soft. Leave the cassava in the water to stay hot.
- In separate medium pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until just beginning to brown.
- Do not let garlic burn.
- Add the lime juice and broth to the pot.
- Boil sauce for 2 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain the cassava.
- Place cassava on a plate, and put onion slices on top.
- Pour the sauce over the onions and cassava. Serve and enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition facts per serving