- Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 150
- Carbohydrate Content: 22g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Fat Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 5g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5g
- Sodium Content: 20mg
- Sugar Content: 5g
Black-eyed Peas and Collard Greens
- For best buy, look for greens that are moist and crisp, with rich green leaves.
- To prepare fresh greens, wash leaves well and trim leaves from stem.
- To store fresh greens, wrap unwashed greens in a damp paper towel, place in a plastic bag and keep in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days.
- Winter greens contain vitamin A, which is good for healthy eyes and skin.
Adapted from www.nytimes.com
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Add greens, tomato, dill, and 2 cups water. Cook until greens are soft, 20-25 minutes.
- Add black-eyed peas. Add black pepper to taste. Stir.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition facts per serving