Think fruits and veggies are too expensive? Think again. Buy fruits and veggies and invest in your health. Follow the tips below for low cost ways of eating 5 cups of fruits and veggies every day.
- Be thrifty and buy plain, store-brand cold cereal or oatmeal. Jazz it up by adding your own fresh or dried fruit. When you make your own, you can make it extra fruity!
- Why buy tiny containers of over-priced yogurts full of strange artificial flavors? Buy a large container of plain yogurt and add whatever fruit YOU like – fresh, frozen, canned or dried fruits all taste great!
- Looking for a crunchy snack or lunchtime side dish? Don’t waste your money on empty calorie chips. Try cut up celery, carrots, or bell peppers – add a low-fat dressing for more zip.
- Instead of pricy meats, add beans or lentils to your family’s favorite casseroles, pasta dishes, soups, and salads.
- You don’t have to buy a fancy pie for dessert. Bake apples or pears with some cinnamon for a healthy and comforting end to a meal.
HERE’S A GREAT IDEA!