Fruits and veggies can satisfy your sweet tooth, too!
Choose a sweet apple variety, like Fuji or Gala, for best flavor.
- Yield: 9 servings
Sweet Potato & Apple Stir-Fry
- For the best buy, choose sweet potatoes that are tapered at both ends.
- To prepare sweet potatoes, scrub and remove eyes and dark spots.
- To keep fresh, store in a cool, dry place for 1-2 weeks.
- Sweet potatoes contain vitamin A, which is good for healthy eyes and skin.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add sweet potatoes, cover and cook for 4 minutes. Add ginger, if using, and cook for one more minute.
- Add water, cover and cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring often.
- Add apples and cinnamon. Cook for 3-5 more minutes until sweet potatoes are soft.
- Serve immediately and enjoy as a dessert or sweet side dish!
- Refrigerate leftovers.