- Yield: 8 servings
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 300
- Carbohydrate Content: 57g
- Cholesterol Content: 0mg
- Fat Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 3g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 45mg
- Sugar Content: 27g
Sweet Potato and Prune Casserole
- For the best buy, choose prunes that are plump, firm and deep purple.
- To prepare prunes, eat plain or remove the pits and cook in water.
- To keep fresh, store them in a cool, dry place or the refrigerator.
- Prunes contains fiber, which helps keep you regular.
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Pierce sweet potatoes with a fork and place on baking sheet. Bake at for 1 hour or until tender.
- Let the sweet potatoes cool. Peel them and cut into cubes.
- In a small bowl, mix honey, cinnamon, lemon juice, apple juice, and oil.
- Cut prunes in half and remove pits.
- In baking dish, add a thin layer of sweet potato cubes. Spoon some honey mixture over them and add a thin layer of prunes. Repeat this until everything is used.
- Bake at 350° F for 45 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition facts per serving